Thursday 30 October 2008

Words / Sport / Animals

Words: A couple of people from the BBC Talent list have, this week, faced waves of criticism over a radio discussion that maybe went a bit too far. Noises of contrition have emanated from the BBC, though as I write this, at least one of the offenders has remained rather moot. This got me thinking about the things that people say, that they come to regret.

Have you ever said anything that you've come to regret? [Essays must come in at no more than 1500 words]

Sport: There are comebacks that seemed doomed to fail, and there are comebacks that raise people's spirits - 'One last chance', 'Can't afford to fail', 'Those days are behind me', and so on. This week, in football, there have been a couple of notable comebacks. I want to feel good about them both.

Do you recall any comebacks - in Sport or elsewhere - that have particularly pleased you?

Animals: As I post this, I'm in London. More than the great shopping opportunities, the plethora of arts and cultural opportunities that present themselves, and the kicking back with lovely people that avails itself, I'm most pleased about being able to visit Richmond Park, to see the stags and does.

Are there any animals that - the sight of which - fill up your senses?



Wishing you the best of weeks.

1 comment:

Huw said...

I once sent an email to an admin-type person - in response to a query whether I would like to attend a meeting with a very senior member of the company to discuss any concerns I might have about some impending restructuring - in which I was very dismissive of said senior person.

Minutes later an email appeared which I had been cc'd in. It was from the admin-type person, and it read: "Dear Mr Senior Member, Huw does not wish to attend a one to one meeting with you. Please see his below comments..."

Unsurprisingly, I was then told I had to go to a meeting with said Mr Senior Member...