Thursday 16 October 2008

Art / Economics / Names

Art: In the north west of Trafalgar Square is the Fourth Plinth (since 1999, a space for contemporary art).

Suggest one or two things that would be worthy additions to the Fourth Plinth.

Economics: Credit crunch, inflation, soaring fuel prices, multilateral cuts in interest rates, banking crises, secure savings, overseas investments, financial reserves...

Have you learned anything (big or small) or been surprised by anything during the recent and ongoing higgledy-piggledy in the markets?

Names: I can't get the name Barbara Broccoli out of my head - it's just too good a name.

What would be your food name?

3 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I never caught up with the Third Plinth, or even the First. Where have I gone wrong?

I always wanted to be named after a race horse that was known as Cabbage Coming Up Through the Bunch. But then I found out they don't make checks big enough....

John said...

ART: Let it be the Queen Mother, in a tasteful pastel shade - powder blue, I think.

ECONOMICS: I was surprised by the interrelatedness of the various global stock exchanges. I was not surprised by the insight into the greed and hysteria of those involved in them.

NAME: Is Barbara Broccoli related to Cubby Broccoli, late producer of the James Bond films?
Damien Rice is nice.

Wayne said...

Hoss - You wouldn't have had a horse be able to race in the UK with that cabbagey name... I'm fairly sure that names have to be restricted to 18 letters (or typing spaces). Perhaps Cabbage Boy would have done.

John - That would be Barbara, daughter of Cubby. And loaded.