Monday 9 June 2008

Tell: Teacher

Not so long ago, there was a television advert that proclaimed 'Everyone remembers a good teacher'. We hope this is true. Tell us of a good teacher or someone from whose guidance you benefited enormously.

I will recall Mr Maxwell - a much-blinking, Irish, French teacher who I suspect gave a lot more to my secondary school and its pupils than many would ever have fully acknowledged... putting on the French trips alone must rank the man amongst saints... at least.

Any good teachers?

2 comments:

Helen said...

Errr, does my dad count? He taught me A level English and many other things besides.

LB said...

I had a great teacher once called Mr Hodge. He was ex-Army and one day told a classmate of mine that "I was in Baghdad before you were in your dad's bag" - a quote that has stuck with me since!