Monday 26 May 2008

Tell: Voices

Occasionally, I am caught by surprise. Someone who I will see from afar as likely having a big horrible gruff voice will have that of an angel, whilst persons who I see as distantly blissful will prove to have the audio bearing of a truck with grinding gears. My point, or rather my enquiry:

Tell us of a voice or voices that you like a lot - that you could perhaps listen to talking about almost anything. Perhaps there is a specific person (doesn't have to be famous), or an accent, or a person whose clarity of speech (and thought) melts your very meltables. Your sharing would be lovely.

As an aperitif, might I offer up Stephen Fry, Kirsty Wark and Matthew Parris.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth MacFarlane. His voice alone makes me tingly.

Helen said...

Sean Connery.

And, as a converse, Julie Burchill and Terry Pratchett are two people whose voices, for me, completely fail to match their personas.

Anonymous said...

Johnnie Walker, the Radio 2 DJ. I have always loved his voice.