Thursday 27 November 2008

Literature / Money / Information

Literature: It's amazing how much reading can be got through with unflinchingly regular bed-time story-time.
.
Recommend a book, or books, that would stand a chance of enrapturing a bright seven year old boy.
.
Money: 'I wouldn't count on it', 'Don't bet on it', 'How much are you willing to put on that?', and so on.
.
Horses, dogs, the dollar, the weather, politics, where bears choose to excrete... Literally or metaphorically, what would you bet on?

Information: Given the circumstances, I suppose the phrase 'Too much information' would seem a bit harsh.
.
What are you grateful for?
.
Good week to you.
.

3 comments:

Huw said...

I rather liked The Animals of Farthing Wood. It's Watership Down, turned down to about 3.

Anonymous said...

How about The Secret Garden? Or of course The Wind in the Willows?

Anonymous said...

I used to bet on the football pools, a tiny amount a week, using skill not random numbers of course, I don't bet on bettable things nowadays. But in the metaphorical sense, I bet I'll be on my own at Christmas again!

What am I grateful for? Friends, my childhood, music, and having a roof over my head and enough to eat