Friday 26 September 2008

Travel / Words / Arts

TRAVEL: Literally or metaphorically,


'Think of a journey that felt rather long. What was that journey?'


WORDS: Complete the line,


‘You’re only as good as your…’


ARTS: This morning, I awoke to a news reference to ‘sporting hero Sebastian Coe’. By way of opening the Cultural Olympiad, he’s to take part in Martin Creed’s ‘Work No 850’ at Tate Britain. This got me thinking:


‘What would be an interesting and inspiring way to launch a four-year arts and cultural programme?’


3 comments:

Huw said...

I've had a couple of journies having parted from someone I wish I hadn't of. At such a time, all you want to be is home

John said...

TRAVEL:
Home to Kyrenia in northern Cyprus, via a one-hour wait on the tarmac at Dalaman Airport in Turkey, as one is not allowed to fly direct into the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus as it's not recognized by most countries.

WORDS:
You're only as good as your . . . conscience.

ARTS:
Can't think of anything specific but I would like to see 100 people aged consecutively from 1 to 100 in there somewhere.

Wayne said...

huw - That is quite touching. Thank you.
john - Conscience: yes! Also, your 1-100 detail reminds me of a piece of work related to feet and comparing average lifespans.