Thursday 14 February 2008

Right Now: Break-time

It's Thursday, so it's a kind of 'here and now' post...

Your fairy god-dictator lands by your side and insists that s/he has arranged for you to spend the next three hours quietly reading at a favourite café or restaurant, which s/he will magically transport you to and from. Meanwhile, the ordinary business of your next three hours will be safely handled by fairy god-person. So, if you would be so kind, share with us:

Which and where is the café or restaurant of choice?
What will you read?
And finally, what is the name of your fairy god-whoever s/he is?

All commenters receive an imaginary fairy cake.

2 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

The Seafood Grill. Has got garlic-crusted halibut, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. To die for, naturally.

I am reading "Oregon Geographic Names," for I know I can't finish it in 3 hours.

My fairy is Big Ernie. Watches me like a hawk.

Wayne said...

Good one, oldhorsetailsnake.
My own cafe stop would be any of several on the cobbled road that leads up to Durham Cathedral - can't remember if that's Silver Street or Saddler Street. I'd be reading Richard T Kelly's 'Crusaders' - set in the north east of England, and I'd be slowly troughing chocolate fudge cake and an earl grey tea. My fairy for the day would be Sven.